[SATLUG] RE:How to find and change "Bad UTF-8" file names

Frank Huddleston fhuddles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 19:06:04 CDT 2013

>>Did you ever get this resolved?
>>regards,
>>Daniel
>>youcanlinux.org

Thanks for asking. The short answer is no. A more complete explanation
is that I'm not sure what's really in the filename on disc. It's
obviously not proper UTF-8, but I don't know if it's some character
that I could translate to proper UTF-8, or just some placeholding
character that signifies that the original character could not be
represented.
  I have to investigate the situation more, and I just haven't done that yet.
If you've got any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

Thanks,

Frank H.