[SATLUG] Recent Distro

dikov dikov dikov1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 15:30:17 CDT 2013

Hi Boz,

If I "to show a real Linux environment" I would give a feel that Linux is OS of  multiple choices and a user can control any aspect of that. I guess this is what makes Linux different from Win or Mac. This inherent multi choice option starts from different shells (sch/bash/zsh etc) to variety of WM. Pretty much any big distro allows to install variety of WM (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, Metacity, Fluxbox etc) in parallel what gives an opportunity to try them one by one without need to reinstall the whole OS.

best,
Dmytro