[SATLUG] Scanners for Linux

Ron Mann ron.j.mann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:47:39 CDT 2014

I have the Canon MX860 printer/scanner/fax combo. It works with Linux.
However, I had to download the drivers from Canon sites overseas. The
German edition of Canon's site has the available drivers, deb, RPM, and
source code. The site is in English. I am not sure why the drivers are
not available on the US version of the site.

Side note: I have not tried the scanning capability of this device on a
*nix box. I was able to print from Kubuntu, Linux Mint, and Fedora via
USB. This printer is not Win 8/8.1 friendly.

I hope this helps.

Jason