[SATLUG] [OT]: FS: servers

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 08:17:37 CDT 2014

 On 04/16/2014 09:34 PM, Alex Bartonek
 wrote:
 > Ok..down to 3 servers.
 >
 > 1 HP DL380 G3, needs cpu and memory. I was using it as
 a backup just in case the others went out. It works, you
 just need to buy memory and CPU's. Has six 73GB Ultra 320
 disks, dual gigabit nics, USB, CD/DVD drive. $70

 > 2 Supermicro servers. Both have awesome motherboards,
 Tyan Thunder H1000E, Dual Xeon 2.13ghz, dual gigabit nics,
 both have 4GB ram, USB, CDROM drive, both have dual 500GB
 SATA drives. They were in a home environment so I removed
 the blower fan inside (very loud) and put the fans on top,
 they are hot glued on and keep the server cool. It is very
 quiet and can be left inside a house. $115 each.

 > If a SATLUG'r wants one of the Supermicro's...
 >
 > I can install CentOS 6.5 64-bit on there w/a LAMP
 config if wanted, my iptables firewall script that even a
 noob should be able to understand, along with RAIDing the
 drives..I can also explain how to "break a mirror" if a
 drive needs to be replaced or you want to have a bootable
 backup drive just in case SHTF.
 > If you ask nicely, I might put a real OS on there like
 Solaris.

 > -Alex
 Did you mean Opterons in the Tyan Thunders?

Crap, sorry.. I meant Opterons...had the DL380's on my mind.