[SATLUG] Alternatives to Raspberry Pi

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:34:25 CDT 2014

What do you want to do with the Raspberry PI?

For some projects it is perfect -- for others it is a non-starter.

So yeah it is a little vague -- low-power cheap computers.

An android tablet fits that category to an extent.  And it has
a display and a nice input device -- the touch screen.

So for many things a laptop with Linux excels.  For others
I use my Android tablet.  To play games a toy operating
system is appropriate: Windows.  To interface with some
equipment a Raspberry is perfect.  There are no absolutes.

Othniel