[SATLUG] Alternatives to Raspberry Pi

Jaime Gaona jaimegaona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:38:12 CDT 2014

Pretty much depend what you want to do with the board.

it may be useful as arduino to do robot and electronic experiments, as
server it is very limited what you can do as has very low power, beside the
other issues that Steev pointed out.

You could need to invest more for wifi dongle or a powered usb. I have in
home one used as samba server with a powered usb hard drive, it is just
enough to see videos on XBMC using an jailbroken AppleTV anytime with low
energy bill.

you can find more boards and alternative proyects in this page: h
ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_single-board_computers i think
that Cubieboard 3 is good power option but is about 100 bucks, again depend
what project you have in mind, if is a server may be an old pc/laptop can
be enough.

Regards

--
*Jaime Gaona Camarena*
I don't need luck though I don't want it.