[SATLUG] Looking for Best support

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 21:57:55 CDT 2014

What USB 3.0 PCIe card have you had the best experience in linux with?

Specifically I have Ubuntu 12.04 running as a server and would like to add
USB 3.0 functionality to my server as I use an external hard drive as a
backup target for the server.

I see lots of reviews on Newegg etc as well on Ubuntu's support site but
would appreciate a local perspective on what you've personally used on your
own systems and what cards you used and how well they were supported and
what the failure rate was on the card.

Appreciate it in advance.

--
Cheers!