[SATLUG] Devuan

Jonathan Kelley jonkelley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:58:20 CST 2014

I'm happy Debian forked.

Systemd violates unix philosophy: do one thing, do it well, pipe programs
together, use shell scripts where feasible.

Worst of all, it violates Debian's rule of choice, you can have 10 window
managers, 3 different cron systems, 3 mail systems, 4 dns systems, 6 web
servers, but only 1 init system? I understand this will make init scripts
among distros easier and streamline a lot, but the forced nature of this is
what I'm against.

I will support any project which demands and enforces the unix philosophy
and linux pro-choice that made it the system we love.

--
Jon

* JonK gives kris a colourful gift box with question marks and tux's
printed all over. "Open it!"
* Kris looks around nervously and slowly opens it
<JonK> it's empty!
<JonK> the box represents what an open-source linux programmer makes in a
year