[SATLUG] Devuan

Paul Elliott pelliott at blackpatchpanel.com
Thu Dec 4 16:59:34 CST 2014

As a debian testing user, I installed systemd without knowing or
thinking about it. It worked fine.

As a packager, I wonder how Devuan are going to find packagers for
every package that starts processes at init time. I have doubts about
its long term success, so long as the standard distros keep working
well.

The standard distros have a lot of smart people working with them and
they have an interest in making their systems work. systemd is free
software, if it does not work or causes major problems it will be
forked or replaced.

And the machine rolls on.