[SATLUG] Two questions

John Champion satlugacct at jchampion.com
Wed Feb 19 22:00:06 CST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have two questions based on my interaction with this group and with
a need we are having at UIW.

1) I have several students and myself who would like to work with
those involved with the city's plan on the Google Fiber project.
Namely...to present how the underserved portion of the community would
benefit from Google's infrastructure.

Plus we'd also like to help with other community IT projects around
town where possible.

2) Who here is up to speed on installing and using Openstack over a
network using either Centos or Ubuntu (or some other Linux flavor?)

I seem to be running into a dead end when it comes to the
documentation provided by the OpenStack project. It has bugs and is
incorrect and I've already botched two installs this way.

Thanks
john