[SATLUG] Two questions

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Feb 20 14:21:44 CST 2014

On Feb 19, 2014, at 10:00 PM, John Champion <satlugacct at jchampion.com> wrote:

> 2) Who here is up to speed on installing and using Openstack over a
> network using either Centos or Ubuntu (or some other Linux flavor?)
>
> I seem to be running into a dead end when it comes to the
> documentation provided by the OpenStack project. It has bugs and is
> incorrect and I've already botched two installs this way.

I've contributed some changes back to the project for documentation errors that I've run into regarding installation, but installing OpenStack itself is just a small part of the overall picture.  You also have to look at how you're going to install and configure all of the major components, not the least of which is Swift.

The Mirantis folks are working on creating their own OpenStack-based distribution that should be easier to install, but I haven't heard what their latest status is.