[SATLUG] Two questions

John Champion satlugacct at jchampion.com
Sat Feb 22 23:53:06 CST 2014

Hi all,

We were following those Ubuntu instructions and ran into a bunch of
errors in them. We filed the bug reports but so far no dice. I'm
beginning to get frustrated with this as just trying to set up one
control and one compute node seems like rocket science.

We had a four night OpenStack training night but as I told the young
lady from Rackspace, it seems as if the presenter was aiming that
training for sales staff because everyone was given a list of commands
and instructions and instead of explaining what we were doing as we
did it, we were simply told to copy and paste. That was not much help.

I think I'm going to limp this thing across the midterm finish line
and then I will move the whole class over to Amazon EC/S3/ and their
DB tools for the last half of the class.

It's one thing to set this stuff up with the instructions, it's
another to find the instructions flawed and there is no back up as one
group copied and pasted the instructions from another group. We don't
know if Centos copied from Ubuntu or vice-versa but they have the same
errors in the same places.

Thanks for the input David and others! I do appreciate ya'll taking
the time to contribute to this.
john