[SATLUG] Intranet social

Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 22:08:04 CST 2014

Hey guys!
     Paranoid is back.  I want to be social but don't trust social media.
 So, I'm looking for a privately hosted sharing solution that I can link
services to.   I have ownCloud installed on a centos 6 install; so, I'd
like to expand on that system. I'm thinking of something like MS
Sharepoint. A place where close friends and family can communicate,
share,post pics and maybe articles with pics.  I want to host it myself.
 No third party! It must be open source and ad free.  Any ideas?