[SATLUG] Intranet social

Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 22:21:13 CST 2014

yeah, I'm not hiding from the NSA.  If they want your stuff they will find
a way to get it, they did have a hand in the development of SHA, after
all.  I'm more interested in protesting the commercial sector's invasion of
privacy.  And,  with owncloud, I can happily laugh at the paid plans of
DropBox and SkyDrive/OneDrive; since I'm only limited by the size of HD I
can buy.  I'm also interested in running libreoffice in a webbrower (
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Using_LibreOffice_in_a_Web_Browser) My
success with OwnCloud has been noticed by family and friends.  And, as
we've discussed it, the ability to store personal data (free of the concern
that google or facebook is sorting and processing your "metadata") is what
I consider a basic creature comfort.  Sadly, even hosting you're own email
will not keep them out totally, you still have to accept the fact they get
it from the other party in the email...  But, I want to do that too, host
my own email.