[SATLUG] Meeting Notes

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:55:10 CST 2014

Fedora 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 32CA 0B0B 8A07 6969 7581 BD47 6053
3930 1D4B DC3E

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Code: https://github.com/BullShark/JSpeak

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> The outstanding issue is what the focus of the meetings should be.  It has
> been hard to come up with good topics and presenters.
>
>   -- Bruce

I would like to give a presentation on installing Gentoo. All the
topics in Gentoo's Handbook would be covered.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?full=1

Partitioning of the drives, giving file systems, swap, networking,
writing the /etc/fstab, compiling the kernel and kernel modules,
installing and configuring services such as a cron daemon (there's
more than one to choose from) a system logger, grub (or another
bootloader), and much more is all done through the command line.
Gentoo does not have an installer. You can take an overview of the
entire procedure through the link I provided. Would anyone be
interested in this presentation?