[SATLUG] Boot loader question

Bob Sisk sisk.bob at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 15:33:24 CST 2014

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R (5521) notebook that came loaded with Windows
8. I disabled the secure boot and wiped out Win8 and loaded Linux Mint
14 and Ubuntu on separate partitions (I primarily use Mint). I am in the
unfortunate position of having to install Windows XP in order to recover
a customer backup file for my business. I used Gparted to partition the
drive. If I try to install WinXP will that mess up my boot loader? I am
afraid I will not have the option for a dual boot of Windows and Mint. I
tried this a few years ago and seem to remember that Windows wanted to
be the only OS and Linux disappeared from the boot loader, so then I
installed Windows first, then Mint and the boot options were OK.

Thanks for the advice anyone can give me.
--
*/Bob Sisk
/*/sisk.bob at gmail.com
(210) 716-6400 cell/