[SATLUG] Boot loader question

Travis Hegwer travis at dstechnology.net
Sat Jan 4 16:08:38 CST 2014

Check out this article.

https://bkpavan.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/how-to-boot-linux-using-windows-bootloader-xp/

Travis Hegwer

-----Original Message-----
From: satlug-bounces at satlug.org [mailto:satlug-bounces at satlug.org] On Behalf Of Bob Sisk
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 3:33 PM
To: satlug at satlug.org
Subject: [SATLUG] Boot loader question

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R (5521) notebook that came loaded with Windows
8. I disabled the secure boot and wiped out Win8 and loaded Linux Mint
14 and Ubuntu on separate partitions (I primarily use Mint). I am in the
unfortunate position of having to install Windows XP in order to recover
a customer backup file for my business. I used Gparted to partition the
drive. If I try to install WinXP will that mess up my boot loader? I am
afraid I will not have the option for a dual boot of Windows and Mint. I
tried this a few years ago and seem to remember that Windows wanted to
be the only OS and Linux disappeared from the boot loader, so then I
installed Windows first, then Mint and the boot options were OK.

Thanks for the advice anyone can give me.
--
*/Bob Sisk
/*/sisk.bob at gmail.com
(210) 716-6400 cell/