[SATLUG] A challenge for all seasoned experts :-)

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 21:27:44 CST 2014

* Borries Demeler wrote:...*
>* >For now, I would be happy to somehow just get the 3c509 network card to
*>* >work under dos 3.3 and hook up an ethernet cable and be able to dump files
*>* >out over the network. Now I forgot pretty much anything about DOS
networking
*>* >and wouldn't know where to get the files. I can probably find an old driver
*>* >on the harddrive for the 3c509 card, but maybe there is something else
*>* >available? What is the best way to network this old computer, and where
*>* >could I find the necessary software?
*>* >
*>* >command line ftp, scp, rsync or similar would be fantastic, am I asking
*>* >for too much? What are my options here? The machine has 4 MB of RAM, and
*>* >is a 486. I *might* be able to find some more RAM for this if this is
*>* >necessary.
*> >* I'd be interested in how DOS 3.3 addresses 4MB.  Standard DOS was
*
*> Only as a ram drive. It is not until you install a 32 bit OS like win3.1
*> that you can actually use the RAM > 640 kb. Question is: How do I get
*> a tcp/ip network set up under DOS?

Have you taken a look at FreeDos?
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=Main_Page
Note: package manager over network :