[SATLUG] A challenge for all seasoned experts :-)

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Jan 29 10:16:19 CST 2014

Hi Al,
I do have a null-modem and considered this as a fall-back option if I
cannot get TCP/IP to work.

I have a few other options, upgrading to DOS 6.22 and installing win3.1,
for example.

It would be nice if I could locate an ISA-16 dual PATA controller,
additional/bigger ram sticks, and a couple of harddrives in case
my current one fails. This system only has a single PATA controller,
but I am not even sure if this is PATA, even though the connector
looks the same as a standard PATA, the current drive is not recognized
by any other more modern mobo that has on-board PATA. I'm wondering, was
there another standard between MFM and PATA?

-b.