[SATLUG] Building a profitable IT future

Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:46:33 CDT 2014

All,
     I've been working in a fast growing company for just short of 3 yrs.
Having started small, we've kept 2 to 3 IT staff to do everything from
pulling wire to setting up Exchange servers.  It's been fast paced and I've
learned a lot.  But, I don't what to be stuck at the Help Desk for life.  I
see a lot of cyber security positions online, but, I'm not sure what to
think of that.  I don't have any Certs.  But, I've decided to get one, with
the expectation that specialization will get me to profitable position that
doesn't wear on me the way help desk does.  My most likely candidates are
Network + and / or Security +.  So what do you think?

Thanks in advance,  for your input!