[SATLUG] OT: Surplus Hardware & Vintage Software & Books

Jax jaxtaposition at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:04:52 CDT 2014

​Oi!

...am in the middle of a brake job on my van :'-(

what'll you take on a G'Wallet for Myst and Assembler stuffs, that I might
come pick up (RR to SA) once I am again mobile?

-Jax​

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Alan Lesmerises <alesmerises at satx.rr.com>
wrote:

> I've been doing some spring cleaning and have some extra hardware and some
> really old books & software that I wanted to offer up to the group before I
> throw it out (see below).
>
> I know there is some of that stuff for that OTHER operating system that so
> many of you dislike, but I also suspect that some of you still like to play
> with really old or oddball hardware that might actually want this, so don't
> be hatin'!
>
> Just contact me off-list if you're interested.
>
> Al Lesmerises

> ____________________
>
> Hardware:
>
> Epson ActionPrinter 5000
> - Includes USB to Centronics cable, dust cover, box of 6 brand new ribbons
> APC SU700RMNET rack mount UPS
> - Appears to only need batteries, includes APC serial cable
> Dell Dimension B110
> - 512 MB, I think it's either 2.53 or 2.8 GHz
> - CD-RW, floppy, internal modem, NO hard drive
> 5 1/4" floppy drive w/cable & some blank disks
> Low Profile Firewire card w/cable
> IOGear 4-port KVM switch, NO cables
> DVD-ROM drive, beige
> A few miscellaneous cables
> ____________________
>
> Software (all MS-DOS or early Windows vintage, ~mid 90's or earlier):
>
> Myst (1996) and Official Strategy Guide
> Borland C++ with Turbo Assembler
> - Includes all manuals and floppies (5 1/4" & 3 1/2")
> Microsoft Fortran Compiler (circa mid 1980's)
> - Includes manual & disks (5 1/4" & copied to 3 1/2")
> Microsoft QuickBasic 4.0 (1987)
> - Includes all manuals & disks (5 1/4" & copied to 3 1/2")
> QuickBasic Advanced Programming Tools - Mark Goodwin (1989, MIS Press)
> - Includes book & disks (5 1/4" & copied to 3 1/2")
> Peter Norton's Assembly Language Book for the IBM PC (1989, Brady)
> - Includes book & disks (5 1/4" & copied to 3 1/2")
> Spontaneous Assembly by (1990, base two Development)
> - Includes book & disks (3 1/2")
> absoft Pro FORTRAN 77, FORTRAN 90, C/C++ (circa 1997)
> - Includes manuals & CD, and License for IMSL libraries
>
> Plus a variety of other application software & utilities for DOS, early
> Windows, & some XP compatible stuff
> ____________________
>
> Books (all MS-DOS or early Windows vintage, ~mid 90's or earlier):
>
> The Peter Norton Programmer's Guide to the IBM PC (1985, Microsoft Press)
> Using Assembly Language, 2nd Edition - Allen Wyatt (1990, Que)
> Assembly Language Quick Reference - Allen Wyatt (1989, Que)
> Programming Windows - Charles Petzold (1990, Microsoft Press)
> Inside AutoCAD, Fifth Edition - Raker & Rice (1989, New Riders Publishing)
> MS-DOS Functions, Programmer's Quick Reference Series - Ray Duncan (1988,
> Microsoft Press)
> DOS Power User's Guide - Kris Jamsa (1988, Osborne)
> DOS The Complete Reference - Kris Jamsa (1987, Osborne)
> The Waite Group's Tricks of the MS-DOS Masters - Angermeyer, et. al.
> (1987, Sams & Co.)
> [...]

"Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit."
      ~Seneca