[SATLUG] SourceMage GNU/Linux Install CD - Kernel + btrfs-utils

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Sat Jul 26 12:35:44 CDT 2014

On 07/25/2014 11:07 PM, Cream Mosley wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> How do you make a new SourceMage GNU/Linux install CD with the newest
> kernel + btrfs utilities that provide the btrfs and fsck.btrfs commands?

I would build a live CD using a different distro, or use a differen't
distro's live cd, and include an official image from:
http://www.sourcemage.ru/image/official/

Then, you can extract that image into your created btrfs filesystem.
Chroot in, and cast linux, building a new kernel with BTRFS support.

That should work. (Don't forget to install grub and what not.)