[SATLUG] Security Issues

Christopher Lemire christopher.lemire at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 13:44:24 CDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Jonathan Kelley <jonkelley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Christopher,
>
> I'm assuming you write a reactor pattern or something for spidering in
> python? I'd think the barrier to threading etc would make it harder to code
> a spider in python.

What's computationally expensive and the overhead involved when you
are thinking of programming that? What's the results of too much
recursion? Think of traversing a maze with recursion and infinite
recursion, need your recursive base case to be correct.

> --
> Jon
>
> * JonK gives kris a colourful gift box with question marks and tux's
> printed all over. "Open it!"
> * Kris looks around nervously and slowly opens it
> <JonK> it's empty!
> <JonK> the box represents what an open-source linux programmer makes in a
> year

There are plenty who contribute to open source here that may be able
to better answer that. However, I've found that the little I shared
through open source such as JSpeak seemed to result in none if any
contributions back.

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Daniel Villarreal <youcanlinux at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Can one really count on robots.txt being adhered to?
>> Daniel

On a larger scale, patterns can be observed, but to answer your
question, not always.

Tell Cameron Marez to speak for himself.

Christopher