[SATLUG] Eudyptula Kernel Development Challenge

Chad Wilson typedeaf at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 20:05:25 CDT 2014

This is a learn-by- challenge for Linux kernel development. The first task is a "hello world!" kernel module (device driver).

I subscribed. It would be cool to use this e-mail thread/chain to for tips and feedback. I hope more people join in. We can discuss it some at the next SAT-LUG meeting night.

I completed challenge 01 on Fedora 18 running kernel release 3.11. Anyone needing tips on setting up the environment in a RHEL based environ can hit me up.

*spoiler*
Do not spend too much time getting your environment setup for building kernel modules as challenge 02 makes all that effort moot.