[SATLUG] Transitioning From Windows XP

Miguel Guhlin mguhlin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:13:57 CDT 2014

Chris,
There are hundreds of Linux distributions and you may need to find the one that works best with your 10-year old computer. That said, my top two favorite OSs include the following:

1) PeppermintOS.com
2) Crunchbang Linux (crunchbang.org)
and for a bonus,
3) Linux Mint

I suspect that one of the first two, because they are so “light,” will be great for your computer. What’s more, PeppermintOS.com has an active, friendly forum with people happy to answer questions (in my experience, they have been).

Hoping this is helpful,
Miguel Guhlin

By the way, I’ve included a past blog entry on PeppermintOS in case you suffer from insomnia:
http://www.mguhlin.org/2013/08/exploring-peppermint-four-peppermintos.html