[SATLUG] Transitioning From Windows XP

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:44:27 CDT 2014

Linux tim3line to see how your 2000/2001 distro grew? :
http://futurist.se/gldt/wp-content/uploads/12.10/gldt1210.svg

Shorter list of linux distro replacements:
distros with comments :
http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-linux-distributions
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2107641/3-easy-linux-alternatives-for-windows-xp-refugees-who-dont-want-a-new-pc.html

Look at linux replacements for XP:
http://www.itworld.com/open-source/407924/best-linux-distros-replace-windows-xp
https://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/752221-the-top-7-best-linux-distros-for-2014

Option of using linux w/ new, but inexpensive hardware:
Alternatively, could do a $99 (pre shipping costs) upgrade to:
Parallella - linux super computer :
http://www.zdnet.com/parallella-the-99-linux-supercomputer-7000014036/
Utilite - small pc :
http://www.zdnet.com/meet-utilite-new-raspberry-pi-rival-7000018083/?s_cid=rSINGLE

Or if putting together a hardware package starting with the motherboard,
perhaps the $35 Raspberry pi?
http://elinux.org/RPi_Hub
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/
NOOBS & Raspberry pi :