[SATLUG] Re: Security Issues

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 20:44:46 CDT 2014

I dont have that problem.  :-)

Pretty amazing that there are hits on that file and I'm sure this is nothing new, maybe new to this list.

 Here is another. It's only been
 tested with Google. I don't promote using
 this knowledge for bad intent or purposes.

 ?intitle:index.of?”.mysql_history

 Christopher Lemire

 On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Christopher Lemire <
 christopher.lemire at gmail.com>
 wrote:

 > I don't promote or condone use of information for bad
 intent and purposes.
 > As a person who is interested in Software Development
 and Linux Systems
 > Administration, I've looked at ways people can use what
 somebody such as
 > myself could leave a hole in security either through
 mistake or just
 > programing without security in mind or knowledge of
 such attacks even
 > existing.
 >
 > Again, I don't condone using this for bad intent, but
 this I'd like to
 > make people more aware of what they are doing that
 results in these.

 > Simply putting this into google can bring up quite a
 bit or even through
 > means of another search engine.
 >
 > ?intitle:index.of?”.cookies.txt
 >
 > You will notice some backups of cookies used by cookie
 manager+ firefox
 > extension
 >

 > http://www.naturesstrength.com/silas/hbbenefitsquote/database/hbbenefitsquote-2007-08-07.sql
 >
 > http://www.naturesstrength.com/silas/hbbenefitsquote/.my.cnf
 >
 > Feel free to notify these people of what they've made
 publicly available
 > through webcrawling bots google's yahoo's msn's etc.
 available as well as
 > it not being a good idea to put other bad security
 practices into place as