[SATLUG] November Meeting, December Meeting, Close Down SATLUG?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 21:29:35 CST 2014

Don Wright wrote:
> There's supposed to be a SATLUG meeting Thursday, but I haven't seen any
> traffic about it on this list. I suppose Rackspace is still closed to
> us, and nobody has proposed an alternative. The September meeting (at
> 10BitWorks) had two people. As far as I can tell, there was no meeting
> in October.
>
> Regarding this list, there haven't been any new threads since October
> 19, and only one reply to an earlier thread since then.
>
> The December meeting, according to the Articles of Incorporation and
> By-Laws, MUST BE the annual election of officers. I am not a candidate
> for office in 2015.
>
> Due to the low traffic, lack of meetings, lack of officers (the
> Presidency is still vacant), and general disinterest in acting as a
> group, I propose SATLUG be dissolved effective December 31, 2014, the
> website, mail list, and domain name be cancelled, and that any assets be
> distributed as specified in the Articles and By-Laws.
>
>    Donald W. Wright, Director
>    San Antonio Linux Users Group, Inc.

Since Rackspace donates the server, there's really no need to remove the
website and mailing list.  I can continue to manage that.

However, I agree with the general sentiment about meetings and officers.

OTOH, I'm teaching at SAC again and can make my classroom available on
Wednesday (but not Thursday) nights.  There may be some months where the
building is not available due to spring break, summer break, etc.

The problem then would be topics and presenters.  Perhaps Linux is
getting to be too mainstream.

   -- Bruce