[SATLUG] Devuan

Don Wright wmail at dslextreme.com
Sun Nov 30 14:17:29 CST 2014

I _was_ subscribed to a couple Debian mailing lists, including the one
for the installer developers, and it's obvious there's a lot of
hostility within the Debian community. Not just over systemd, but
between Group A, who think they're the only ones doing any work, and
Group B, people who offer to help but keep getting slapped down by Group
A for reasons that keep changing. This rift has been developing for a
long time, but the decision to install systemd by default with no real
choice for most people is what finally triggered the split.

Distrowatch.com has covered the departure of a number of long-time
developers from Debian in their weekly news. I refer anyone who wants
background to that series, which includes links to blogs and mail list
threads.

Debian's next release should honestly be called Darth Sid instead of
Jessie. Then they should shut down because they are no longer Software
in the Public Interest.
  --Don (purging my systems of Deb<spit>ian as quickly as practical.)