[SATLUG] Devuan

mike perez meekprize at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:28:16 CST 2014

Are you guys still meeting somewhere? If not, i think a talk at 10bitworks
(your local hackerspace) on the differences (technical only please,
 nothing political) that led to the fork would be a good idea right now. We
can make it a Linux Install Fest, too, if you'd like.

contact me off list at meekprize at gmail.com if you are interested.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> David Kowis wrote:
>

>> On 11/30/2014 01:10 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>>> Did anyone else see this?  https://devuan.org/
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>

>> I think competition is always good, and if it's worth using, it'll be
>> popular.
>>
>> Personally I wish they'd move away from sysvinit, and use uselessd,
>> which brings the good things of systemd, without all the monolithic
>> stupidity. But that's just what I'd like to see.
>>

> That's interesting.  We all have different experiences so seeing things
> from other perspectives is a good thing.  I personally don't have a problem
> with sysvinit.  What are your circumstances that make it a problem?
>

>   -- Bruce

-m.a.perez
KF5QVO