[SATLUG] LAMP Server Question #1

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Tue Oct 7 22:35:52 CDT 2014

I am working on a project that involves setting up a server for a
customer where they will need to access a database on an on-going basis
for various kinds of record-keeping, etc.  I have come to the conclusion
that a LAMP server will be the best solution for them (I won't bore you
with all the reasons why, but let's assume that is the way I will go).

This will be the first time I will undertake a project quite like this,
so I have a few specific questions where I would like some opinions,
especially the professionals out there who may have done jobs similar to
this for paying customers.

Since the questions deal with different topics, I will send them out
separately so as not to muddy the waters by mixing things together.

-->  QUESTION #1:

So the first, and most important, question is which distribution would
you recommend, and why?  I already have an idea of which way to go, but
one or more of you might have a better suggestion.

TIA

Al Lesmerises