[SATLUG] LAMP Server Question #1

Donald L Wilcox dwilcox at neonnightrider.com
Wed Oct 8 11:11:29 CDT 2014

I used to use Fedora exclusively at a vendor's suggestion, but the latest versions have frustrated me (and the vendor, too, apparently), so depending on how I'm using the server, I'll go to either CentOS or Ubuntu for this purpose.

At work, the Unix team uses RedHat internally, and CentOS is the easiest external analog to what I would need. I've used it at other jobs (for LAMP) before, while Ubuntu functioned primarily as a personal workstation instead of an actual server.