[SATLUG] LAMP Server Question #2

Guy Heckman guy at gchconsult.com
Wed Oct 8 11:20:44 CDT 2014

I second this. That said, MariaDB is a fork MySQL so at least until the fork occurred it has a solid track record - the only concern is where they have diverged since forking. The absolute best advice I can give you is that there is no RIGHT answer. All options have their pros and cons. Which one is best depends on the circumstances and requirements of your project - however MySQL and Postgres will provide you with a larger user mind share to tap into.