[SATLUG] LAMP Server Question #4

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 23:36:17 CDT 2014

These are all good points.  They touch on a number of details I should
remember to consider.  Thanks.

Many of these won't be a problem due to the small scale and the limited
number of users the database will have to support.  I do know that I
will have to deal with rollbacks, especially since it seems as their
network connectivity can be a little unreliable.  I had heard about the
'deadly embrace' problem before,  but it does bear repeating -- it's
something that could easily be overlooked.

Fortunately, I will only have to have one database to deal with, so I
won't have to worry about the extra complexity of two phase commits.
And again, since I am dealing with only a limited number of users and
data volumes, I think PHP will be more than sufficient for the job.

As for open source equivalents to Dreamweaver, is anyone on the list
familiar with any of them where you can make any recommendations (pro or
con)?

Al Lesmerises