[SATLUG] floppy issue

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:24:52 CDT 2015

> > *Borries Demeler* wrote
> > I suspect some incompatibility between the mobo and the fd0 driver.
> > I can't find anything useful on google and was just wondering if someone has
> > come across this type of issue before and knows some remedy?
> > thanks, and happy Easter to everyone!
> Is this an old ide/eide pin style ribbon attachment or usb?
>
> What's the value for KERNEL=="fd*", ENV{ID_DRIVE_FLOPPY} in
/lib/udev/rules.d/80-udisks.rules?  It needs to be ="1" to enable floppy
support!
(Note:  there's a pc floppy drives section, a usb floppy drives section,
and ata zip drives section!)
quick check: lsmod | grep -i floppy
floppy utilities are in fdutils package.  fdutils doesn't work with usb
floppies!

What does dmesg show the floppy as? e.g. sdd?
udisks or lsusb command will list what device the floppy is under if it's a
usb floppy.
udisks --mount /dev/sdd
will mount the usb floppy if it's /dev/sdd.

Craig