[SATLUG] floppy issue

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Apr 12 05:55:57 CDT 2015

THe floppy drive is hooked to a traditional motherboard floppy controller
with the flat ribbon cable connector (slightly shorter than a PATA connector).
The floppy is recognized both at boot time (can boot fine from it), and in
linux (can hear the clicking sounds associated with mounting events, fdisk,
and mkfs commands). So the floppy is hooked to /dev/fd0, which is the way
I access this drive. The connector is the identical connector to which my old
drive was connected to which worked just fine under the same install, but
different motherboard/CPU.
-b.