[SATLUG] floppy issue -- hopefully a resolution

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Apr 13 02:43:31 CDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 08:10:51PM -0700, Travis Hegwer wrote:
> Didn't you state a few days ago that this was a hard drive clone from a different motherboard? Could this be the issue? Since it wasn't installed properly on the board and floppy controller that you are now using?

Yes, it is a harddrive clone, but can you point me to something
that would actually make a difference? And what do you mean with it wasn't
installed "properly"? What else besides installing a kernel and configuring
it with a boot loader is there? What would be any different if this
computer were installed from scratch with a new install from a factory distro?

-b.