[SATLUG] re: Recall History

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 20:24:33 CDT 2015

Without switching to bash:

For the arrow keys, in your login profile
export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc

in your .kshrc add this:

case $- in
*i*)    #interactive ksh
  # This  stuff lets the arrow keys work in an xterm...
  set -o emacs
  alias __A=`echo "\020"`     # up arrow == ^p == back a command
  alias __B=`echo "\016"`     # dn arrow == ^n == down a command
  alias __C=`echo "\006"`     # rt arrow == ^f == forward a character
  alias __D=`echo "\002"`     # lf arrow == ^b == back a character
esac