[SATLUG] Router recommendation

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:00:17 CDT 2015

I just upgraded my internet connection to 200 Mbps.  It works nicely.  If I
connect a system directly to Time-Warner's router, I get the advertised speed.

The problem is that I don't really trust the built in firewall and want to put
my own router between Time-Warner's router and my network.  I do have a Linksys
WRT54G router flashed with dd-wrt that works slowly for that.

Through my router, the speed is limited to around 30-40 Mbps.  The rest of my
internal network is a combination of 100 Mbps, 1Gbps, and miscellaneous wifi
connections.

Can someone suggest a router that will handle 200 Mbps or more where I can load
dd-wrt for better control?

   -- Bruce