[SATLUG] Router recommendation

Jose Leiva leivajose at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:30:15 CDT 2015

1- Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X, but everyone is out of them :(
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1139738-REG/ubiquiti_networks_er_x_edgerouter_x_5_port_single.html
No need for DDRT

2 - WZR-600DHP: I used this router before, already comes with DDWRT, you
can always add your custom firmware.  / Kinda old Model about 3 years.
http://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-AirStation-HighPower-Wireless-WZR-600DHP/dp/B0096239G0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430343859&sr=8-1&keywords=buffalo+gigabit
The thing about some routers is that the WAN sometimes are 10/100 and LAN
are 10/100/1000, but his model seems to be Gigabit all around per this
site:
http://www.speedguide.net/routers/buffalo-wzr-600dhp-airstation-highpower-n600-gigabit-2544&print=friendly