[SATLUG] Router recommendation

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Apr 29 23:59:53 CDT 2015

On Apr 29, 2015, at 9:53 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I also just received the new 300Mbs from TWC and was faced with the same
>> dilemma.  I opted for an old dell desktop, dropped in two 1/100/1000 NICS and
>> installed centos and made sure I was using gigabit cards and switches
>> throughout the house.
>
> That's a good thought, but it doesn't handle wireless.

Speaking only for myself, I like to keep routers and access points separate.  And the Ubuiti EdgeRouter has a very good reputation for being able to handle high speeds and multiple WAN connections.  I’d prefer to pair that with any decent wireless access point any day, than depending on a device that tries to do everything.

But maybe that’s just me.  YMMV.