[SATLUG] Switching to Linux from Windows XP

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Sat Aug 1 05:12:32 CDT 2015

I fully agree with Steve you are limited to the 32bit versions and if you are still able to go online then go here & dl the ISO burn that to a write once type of blank cd/dvd and boot that. However I am not sure but I think windows will need to be installed first to your new 500g-HD in order to achive a dual boot. You mentioned doing a fresh install of XP & thats what I would do. After you get XP installed then boot the lunbuto .iso and choose to install beside windows & follow the install it should install it and give you a menu on bootup to choose which OS you wish to boot.

try this link to get you started.
[ https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu ]( https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu )

lol good luck, good health, fair winds and smooth sailing.
herb