[SATLUG] USB question

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 20:56:43 CDT 2015

I was working with a Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 today.  I have several
USB ports on my system and I plugged it into one of the blue connectors
because it is supposed to be USB 3.0 and faster than the USB 2.0 standard.

The camera didn't work.  dmesg said:

usb 2-1.1: cannot submit urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth
usb 2-1.2: cannot submit urb 0, error -28: not enough bandwidth
pwc: isoc_init() submit_urb 0 failed with error -28

After playing around a while, I tried plugging the camera into a black
port which is supposed to be USB 2.0 and everything worked.

Is there a compatibility issue for some devices that will not work with
USB 3.0?

   -- Bruce