[SATLUG] USB question

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 10:49:07 CDT 2015

On 08/06/15 10:21, Mark Mayfield wrote:
> I have not had great experiences with USB 3 in Linux. My experience has
> been sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes a device
> will work in a usb 3 port and sometimes I have to plug it into a usb 2.
> Don't think I've seen that particular dmesg out though.

Ditto here. One of our computers has a modern Intel motherboard (w/
latest production BIOS), and under Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, as
well as under SkoleLinux, USB3 performance is intermittent.

I might temporarily load up this OpenBSD hard drive on the Intel system
and see how it handles USB3.

Daniel Villarreal

P.S. Alder, if you're lurking about, I'd like to hear what you think
about systemd.