[SATLUG] USB question

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 10:49:07 CDT 2015

On 08/06/15 10:21, Mark Mayfield wrote:
> I have not had great experiences with USB 3 in Linux. My experience has
> been sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes a device
> will work in a usb 3 port and sometimes I have to plug it into a usb 2.
> Don't think I've seen that particular dmesg out though.

Ditto here. One of our computers has a modern Intel motherboard (w/
latest production BIOS), and under Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, as
well as under SkoleLinux, USB3 performance is intermittent.

I might temporarily load up this OpenBSD hard drive on the Intel system
and see how it handles USB3.

regards,
Daniel Villarreal
http://www.youcanlinux.org/

P.S. Alder, if you're lurking about, I'd like to hear what you think
about systemd.