[SATLUG] Using Virtual Servers and Big Cloud Storage

John Champion satlugacct at jchampion.com
Wed Dec 30 22:53:41 CST 2015

I teach Cloud computing at UIW. You can download Ubuntu Metal Server
and there are instructions there for building your own OpenStack
cluster. You can then add your own storage.That is one option.

Another option is to find an already made version and go from
there.OwnCloud is a good product because it just works. Here is a list
of 7 Open Source solutions however I must add from a security
perspective...if you are hosting this on your home/own network then
remember...if you can get in then someone else can also get in. Once
you punch a hole in the firewall...it may not be an obvious one but
others can find it and exploit it.

Just saying...
john