[SATLUG] Using Virtual Servers and Big Cloud Storage

Nathan Templeton nathantempleton at live.com
Thu Dec 31 01:43:14 CST 2015

  Which tracks well with what OpenStack and Ownclouds offerings are from
what I understand.

  While you can deploy Openstack in many SoHo and SMB environments, it
was never meant to be used as a home "cloud" solution. While OwnCloud
has tried to take a closer "turn-key" response to those customers. Both
have their faults, none are perfect in anyway, but I still think they
are better in all respects to AWS are Azure atm for "cloud-home
integration solutions.  We could split hairs with ubuntu's current cloud
offering, and indeed it does pretty well on for a home-based solution,
but again is far from perfect and still requires a learning curve that
is not user friendly.