[SATLUG] TI Model 30 project

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:09:47 CST 2015

Formerly "[SATLUG] Off tipic, TI Model 30"

> Jim on Mon Feb 2 13:57:43 CST 2015 in "[SATLUG] Off tipic, TI Model 30" wrote:
> W-O-W. Being a former TIer, I remember those. Not surprising that it
> still works. I would love to have it but being that I am in Austin the
> path crossing will be difficult.

Ah, but the joys of IoT & hardware modding can make the distance disappear
all for the cost of gas for a Austin round trip (at least at the $3.00
a gallon rate ;).
All that's needed is to have someone interface the model 30 keyboard to make
it an IoT device via http://sourceforge.net/projects/webio/ ;
add web cam for screen output ; and connect it up to the internet.
ScratchGPIO could make wiring up the keyboard & generating a 'gui'
"simple" : http://simplesi.net/scratchgpio/scratch-raspberrypi-gpio/
Voila! Instant TI access via ones phone!

I wonder how it compares to
uWatch    : http://www.calcwatch.com/
Librecalc : http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/72316
Touch PI  : http://learn.adafruit.com/touch-pi-portable-raspberry-pi/