[SATLUG] Meetings and learning Linux

Rosie Contreras rose.contreras at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Feb 10 11:41:05 CST 2015

I had originally attended my first SATLUG meeting because I want to learn Linux and take my certification. I am learning completely on my off time, and so I was disappointed to see that meetings haven’t been taking place lately, and more disappointed that the meetings don’t give any opportunity for helping newbies learn Linux. I know of several Rackers who want to learn Linux and get their certifications, and even plenty of non-Rackers who are pursuing self-study in Linux and programming who have expressed an interest a Linux users group that would actually teach us Linux and support our questions and problems that we have from our self-study time. It’s hard learning Linux all by yourself. Is there any possibility of starting this kind of newbie support?

Rosie Contreras
Technical Writer II
Rackspace Hosting
Direct 210.312.8418