[SATLUG] SSH Client Software Recommendations

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Jan 14 08:51:45 CST 2015

I have a couple of other suggestions I don't think anyone has mentioned
yet. You should also take a look at a vnc solution (not virtual
machine). VNC will serve the entire remote LAMP server's desktop
(assuming you have X11 installed) to your windows desktop and let's you
log into the remote machine as if it were your desktop.

The other possibility a bit more heavyweight than putty and winscp is
to install portions of cygwin, which gives you a native linux-like feel
without a virtual machine on your client. The main advantage of cygwin
over winscp for example is MUCH higher transfer speeds. Winscp is a dog.

The good news is that you have a lot of good options here.

-Borries