[SATLUG] SSH Client Software Recommendations

rabie at rabie.net rabie at rabie.net
Wed Jan 14 11:51:48 CST 2015

I believe it is still slow.

How about NoMachine from ( Nomachine.com ) ?, I like using that tool.
The client can be installed in most platforms and the NX server is easy
to install. It is good for universities and organizations who heavily
use Linux.

Rabie

On 2015-01-14 08:14, Jaime Gaona wrote:

> How much has improved VNC?
>
> I've used long time ago, and to be honest, it was slow and not as
> responsive as the Microsoft RDS which even enable to transmit audio and
> better graphics. for me there is not better solution than SSH thru putty or
> cywin for server administration; It is quicker. but if you need or want to
> transmit your desktop VNC is good, but I may consider Team Viewer give a
> try
>
> Regards
>
> --
> *Jaime Gaona Camarena*
> I don't need luck though I don't want it.
> I've always had to struggle and fight and that made me strong. It made me
> who I am.
> jaimegaona at gmail.com | ::Emitrix:: <http://emitrix.blogspot.com/ [1]> | M: +1
> 210 717 6520
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Borries Demeler <
> demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:
> I have a couple of other suggestions I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. You should also take a look at a vnc solution (not virtual machine). VNC will serve the entire remote LAMP server's desktop (assuming you have X11 installed) to your windows desktop and let's you log into the remote machine as if it were your desktop. The other possibility a bit more heavyweight than putty and winscp is to install portions of cygwin, which gives you a native linux-like feel without a virtual machine on your client. The main advantage of cygwin over winscp for example is MUCH higher transfer speeds. Winscp is a dog. The good news is that you have a lot of good options here. -Borries On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:53:09PM -0600, Alan Lesmerises wrote: I'm in the process of building a LAMP server that will be deployed at a customer's facility, but I'll have to do some remote administration (using SSH) as issues arise. Given that my primary work computer runs Windows, I will have to be doing this
using some type of Windows-based client software. I wanted to know if any of you have any recommendations in terms of stability, ease of use, etc. I would also welcome any other suggestions you might have regarding remote system administration, such as things that I need be sure to take care of before handing it over to the customer and leaving their site. Al Lesmerises -- _______________________________________________ SATLUG mailing list SATLUG at satlug.org http://alamo.satlug.org/mailman/listinfo/satlug [2] to manage/unsubscribe Powered by Rackspace (www.rackspace.com [3]) -- _______________________________________________ SATLUG mailing list SATLUG at satlug.org http://alamo.satlug.org/mailman/listinfo/satlug [2] to manage/unsubscribe Powered by Rackspace (www.rackspace.com [3])

Links:
------
[1] http://emitrix.blogspot.com/